Virgin Atlantic staff can choose which uniform to wear ‘no matter their gender'

le news dei vettori con Coa estero
Regole del forum
in questa sezione si trattano tutti gli argomenti riguardanti vettori aerei con COA estero
malpensante

Messaggio da leggereda malpensante » mer 28 set 2022, 13:14:57

Airline reflects diversity of workforce with policy on its Vivienne Westwood-designed outfits

Gwyn Topham Transport correspondent
Wed 28 Sep 2022 11.36 BST

Virgin Atlantic’s crew, pilots and ground staff can now wear whichever of its uniforms they feel most comfortable in, regardless of the original male or female design of its red skirt suit or burgundy trousers.

The airline has announced a gender identity policy that lets its staff choose which of the Vivienne Westwood-designed outfits they wear to work – “no matter their gender, gender identity or gender expression”.

Virgin said the move was to reflect the diversity of the workforce, and to reinforce its branding campaign as welcoming and inclusive, after recent moves to relax rules on visible tattoos.

The airline will also start using optional pronoun badges for crew and passengers, who can request them at check-in to ensure people use their preferred pronouns. Its ticketing systems will also allow people whose passports have gender neutral markers – available in the US, India and Pakistan – to travel using those gender codes and the title Mx.

Virgin will also start mandatory inclusivity training, and initiatives for hotels in destinations such as the Caribbean, where some people have faced more barriers.

Juha Järvinen, Virgin Atlantic’s chief commercial officer, said: “It’s so important that we enable our people to embrace their individuality and be their true selves at work. It is for that reason that we want to allow our people to wear the uniform that best suits them and how they identify and ensure our customers are addressed by their preferred pronouns.”

Virgin brought in Michelle Visage, one the judges on the hit reality TV show Ru Paul’s Drag Race, to promote its policy. Visage said the initiative was important to her personally, saying: “People feel empowered when they are wearing what best represents them, and this gender identity policy allows people to embrace who they are.”

The airline was one of the first to relax rules on makeup in an industry where crew often have to follow stringent guidelines on appearance.

I-GABE

Messaggio da leggereda I-GABE » mer 28 set 2022, 13:16:02

Ma la notizia che entrino in SkyTeam ce la siamo persi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malpensante

Virgin Atlantic will join SkyTeam in early 2023

Messaggio da leggereda malpensante » mer 28 set 2022, 13:39:18

Virgin Atlantic will join SkyTeam in early 2023.

The airline first took to the skies in 1984 to shake things up, bringing a sparkle of red, a touch of wit and a passion for flying. Today, Britain’s second largest long-haul carrier proudly flies over five million people a year direct to 27 destinations across the UK, US, Caribbean, Africa, Asia and Israel.

Doing things differently remains at the heart of everything they do, from the smallest touches like a quintessentially English cream tea at 30,000 feet, to investing over $17 billion into transforming their fleet into one of the youngest, quietest and most fuel-efficient in the world.

https://www.skyteam.com/en/about/virgin-atlantic
https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/gb/e ... -faqs.html

cesare.caldi

Re: Virgin Atlantic staff can choose which uniform to wear ‘no matter their gender'

Messaggio da leggereda cesare.caldi » ven 30 set 2022, 12:30:25

Alla fine quasi tutte le compagnie indipendenti senza alleanza si sono accasate e sono entrate in una alleanza. Le piu' grandi compagnie ancora "isolate" sono Emirates ed Ethiad vediamo che scelta faranno. Forse per iniziare faranno una scelta tra di loro ovvero una fusione per creare una sola mega compagnia degli Emirati.

skyrobbie

Re: Virgin Atlantic staff can choose which uniform to wear ‘no matter their gender'

Messaggio da leggereda skyrobbie » sab 08 ott 2022, 12:38:22

E' notizia di questi giorni che VS non riprenderà i collegamenti LHR-Hong Kong il cui riavvio ero previsto a marzo 2023, pesa troppo la questione del conflitto e quindi al momento dopo quasi 30 anni di presenza nell'hub asiatico la compagnia sospende la tratta, licenziando anche persole di terra.
Per anni HK è stata operata con scalo per proseguire su Sydney e Melbourne. Poi a seguito del taglio delle rotte australiane il volo era rimasto dedicato. VS è intenzionata comunque a monitorare costantemente la situazione e qualora le condizioni lo permetteranno, si è detta sicura che riprenderà i collegamenti che per anni sono stati un successo.

skyrobbie

Messaggio da leggereda skyrobbie » gio 02 mar 2023, 15:49:51

Virgin Atlantic da oggi in SkyTeam: è il primo vettore Uk dell'alleanza

Virgin Atlantic è da oggi ufficialmente un membro di SkyTeam e diventa la prima compagnia britannica a fare parte dell’alleanza, raggiungendo anche i partner della joint venture transatlantica Air France-Klm e Delta Air Lines. In eredità porta nuovo opportunità per i passeggeri delle compagnie dell’alleanza negli scali di Heathrow e Manchester.

“I clienti Virgin Atlantic beneficeranno ora di un'esperienza cliente coerente e senza soluzione di continuità, attraverso 1.000 destinazioni globali in oltre 170 paesi – si legge in una nota -. I clienti possono prenotare comodamente ogni volo dei membri di SkyTeam con un unico biglietto, effettuando il check-in con il bagaglio una sola volta fino alla destinazione finale”.

https://www.ttgitalia.com/stories/trasp ... lalleanza/

Torna a “COMPAGNIE STRANIERE”